The DAW SE Trainee Programme
Sales and distribution
"I like working at DAW, because each individual employee counts. He is important and can accomplish something to achieve a common success."
Stefan B., Specialist Consultant in Field Sales
This training programme is intended for applicants with specialist knowledge obtained during concluded professional training, e.g. as a Master Painter, Stuccoist, Building Technician or a similar qualification, where applicable, with some initial experience in field sales. Also a concluded commercial training and 2 to 3 years professional experience in a job involving customers is a good basis for the training programme.
Our Marketing Training Programme is a 12 month training period as a sales consultant with a content of 50% practical work and 50% consolidation of knowledge. The range of tasks of a sales consultant includes support for wholesalers, application worker operations (e.g. painters and enamellers, stuccoists), architects and building authorities who we support as customers in a single or two-stage sales path. The training is divided up mainly into the subjects of Sales techniques and Marketing/Product knowledge. Also, you will get to know at first hand the jobs involved in field sales during the large practical part.
The objective of the training is that as a well-trained new Sales Consultant you will be able to take on responsibility in one of our sales organisations.
Duration and boundary conditions
Each trainee receives a reasonable salary and the additional benefits of an industrial company. After the 12 month trainee programme has been successfully concluded, you have the chance of further developing your income orientated to your performance.
You can expect this from us:
- Coaching by an experienced colleague
- Practical tasks in field sales even during the programme
- Intensive product training sessions
- Familiarising yourself with various departments in office sales
- Training sessions in conducting sales and marketing meetings and other selling skills
- During the trainee programme you will receive a reasonable salary and the additional benefits of an industrial company.
- After the training you have the chance of further developing your income orientated to your performance.
We expect this from you:
- Specialist knowledge obtained during concluded professional training, e.g. as a Master Painter, Stuccoist, Building Technician, Enamels Laboratory Assistant or a similar qualification, where applicable, with some initial experience in field sales
- Concluded commercial training and 2 to 3 years professional experience in a job involving customers
- Readiness to move anywhere in the country after the training to live in the sales area
- Apart from specialist knowledge, selling skills are needed for success
- Personal commitment
- Team capability
- Working under your own initiative and a positive demeanour